Create a collection of accurate maps in print quality along your gpx or kml track, in your scale, your format and the infos you need. You want a map in 1:85.000 on A5 paper along that winding river? Additional markers for camping sites and supermarkets? No problem.
- Accurate scale throughout the whole route
- Printable quality of 300dpi
- Customizable paper format up to A2, page margins, distance markers and route color
- Support of waypoints
- Add additional points of interest, e.g. for drinking water or camp sites
- English and German language support
Waypoints and POIs
Additional POIs can be downloaded via Overpass. To add more choices, see overpass.js. POIs are downloaded for print areas only. In case of format or scale changes, manually refresh by toggling the checkboxes.
Before you can use
mapline, you have to get your own Mapbox access
token. Save it in
export default '<your access token here>';
yarn run installshould install all dependencies
yarn run serveto start a dev server
yarn run buildgenerates a production build in
Since v0.16.0, a bundled version is published for tagged commits in
for more infos on how to use it.
Prebuilds are generated using git hooks, see git-hooks/README.md for details.
- canvas size and hence the maximum page format depend on your graphics card
Missing features and nice-to-haves
- a map style better suited for cycle tours and printing in black&white
- possibility to add points of views like drinking water or camping places
- a scale bar on the printouts
- elevation stats and marking of steep slopes
- support for multiple tracks
Want to participate?
Although development is really slow, this is not a dead project. Pull-requests are always welcome!