Photograph each face of your rubik cube, let the app automatically detect the colors and then follow the instructions to solve it.
- Automatic detection or manual input of face colors
- Animated illustrations and instructions for solving step by step
- Find the right face as indicated and align the grid
- Press the Camera button. In most cases, all colors are detected correctly. You can also tap on each piece and set the color by hand
- If all colors are correct, press the Next Button
- After the 6th face, press the Solve button.
- Rotate the cube with the orange center facing you and the yellow center piece on the upper side
- Now follow the instructions step by step and solve the cube.
This is a fully working but (obviously) unpolished university project of my fellow student Sarchibald and me. Our main focus was on the use of OpenCV in an Android app. The code for solving the cube was written by cs0x7f and is based on Kociemba’s Two-Phase algorithm.